With the last roast I finished my first 1kg package of Costa Rica beans. Switching to Guatemala now, another 1kg.
Unfortunatelly with this I am loosing some abililty to reference learnings but I am curious and excited how much the result will be impacted.
- Further increase weight
from 75g to 90g to 110gto 120g
- Roast in 1 minute increments after first crack
- Avoid burned roasts by further narrowing down roast times. Focussing on the first 3 minutes after the first crack.
- Trying to achieve a more even roast by increasing the amount of beans (this might also make it all worse)
- Origin Guatemala, Finca Buena Vista, Genuine Antigua, Microlot
- Beans 120g unroasted
- Air 14-16 °C
- Duration First crack + 1-3 minutes
Unroasted beans from Guatemala …1 hour later